More for Students
Student Network Responsibility Contract
STONY CREEK JOINT UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
STUDENT NETWORK RESPONSIBILITY CONTRACT
By signing the Student Network Responsibility Contract, I the undersigned, my parent(s) and/or guardians(s) agree to abide by the following restrictions. I have discussed these rights and responsibilities with my parent(s) and/or guardian(s).
Further, my parent(s) and/or guardian(s) and I have been advised that the District does not have control of the information on the Internet, although it attempts to provide prudent and available barriers. Other sites accessible via the Internet may contain material that is illegal, defamatory, inaccurate, or potentially offensive to some people. While the Stony Creek Unified School District's intent is to make Internet access available to further its educational goals and objectives, students will have the ability to access other materials as well.
The District believes that the benefits to educators and students from access to the Internet, in the form of information resources and opportunities for collaboration, far exceed any disadvantages of access. But, ultimately, the parent(s) and guardian(s) of minors are responsible for setting and conveying the standards that their students should follow. To that end, the District supports and respects each family's right to decide whether or not to apply for Glenn County Internet Network access.
Any questions should be directed to Mr. Beath, Superintendent, Elk Creek High School at (530) 968-5361.
My parent(s) and/or guardian(s) and I understand that student access to the Glenn County Internet Network is being developed to support the District's educational responsibilities and mission. The specific conditions and services being offered will change from time to time. In addition, Stony Creek Unified School District makes no warranties with respect to the Glenn County Internet Network service and it specifically assumes no responsibilities for:
A. The content of any advice or information, received by a student from a source outside the District, or any costs or charges incurred as a result of seeing or accepting such advice.
B. Any costs, liability, or damages caused by the way I choose to use my District Internet access.
C. Any consequences of service interruptions or changes, even if these disruptions arise from circumstances under the control of the District.
D. While the Stony Creek Unified School District supports the privacy of Electronic mail, students must assume that this cannot be guaranteed.
By signing this form, I agree to the following terms:
1. My use of the Glenn County Internet Network must be consistent with the Stony Creek Unified School District's Technology goals.
2. I will not use the Glenn County Internet Network for illegal purposes of any kind.
3. I will not use the Glenn County Internet Network to transmit threatening, obscene, or harassing materials. The District will be held responsible if you participate in such activities. In fact, by completing this form, I agree that the Stony Creek Unified School District is not responsible for such behavior on my part.
4. I will not use the Stony Creek Unified School District to interfere with or disrupt network users, services, or equipment. Disruptions include, but are not limited to, distribution of unsolicited advertising, propagation of computer viruses, and using the network to make unauthorized entry into any other machine accessible via the network. I will print only to my local printer.
5. It is assumed that information and resources assessable via the Glenn County Internet access are private to the individuals and organization which own or hold rights to those resources and information unless specifically stated otherwise by the owners or holders of rights. Therefore, I will not use the Glenn County Internet Network for commercial purposes or to access information or resources unless permission to do so has been granted by the owners or holders of rights to those resources or information.
Internet Code of Conduct: I will act, in all situations with honesty, integrity, and respect for the right of others and to help others to behave in a similar fashion. I will make a conscious effort to be of service to others and to the community. I agree to follow the access, usage, and content rules as put forth in the Glenn County Internet Policy Statement and Procedure.
Student Name (Please Print)_____________________________________
Student Signature _____________________________________________ Date_______
Parent Name (Please Print)______________________________________
Parent Signature ______________________________________________ Date_______
2013-14 Student Body Officers:
- President: Louis Ramirez
School Board Representative: Shelby Carpenter
DRESS STANDARDS WHILE ATTENDING SCHOOL
School dress need not be a major issue in a student's education. The parents should be as concerned as the school staff in that the student's dress reflects pride in their school and their family. Students attending S.C.J.U.S.D shall dress and groom for school with emphasis on neatness, safety, cleanliness, modesty, decency, personal and public health.
Cleanliness and personal hygiene: Students should maintain a high standard of cleanliness in clothing and personal hygiene.
Clothing policy: Clothing must be worn as it was intended to be worn by the manufacturer. Clothing or jewelry that depicts or suggests sexually related or obscene gestures, pictures, logos, insignias, wording or which promotes the use or abuse of drugs or alcohol, or pose a threat to the physical well being and safety of the student or others, shall not be worn on campus or at any school related activities.
Dangerous objects: No student shall wear articles of clothing, jewelry, or accessories, which, in the opinion of the school administration, poses a threat to the physical well being, and safety of the student.
Hats: Hats must be removed inside all school buildings.
Modesty: enough clothing must be worn to adequately cover the student’s undergarments and the areas that undergarments normally cover. Tops that reveal any part of the mid-section are prohibited.
Minimum standards: Students must wear shoes at all times. Short shorts will not be worn at school. All shorts must be no shorter that the middle knuckle of the middle finger when arms are straight at the sides, with a 3” minimum in-seam. Pants with excessive holes larger than a dime are not allowed especially if the hole is located in areas that reveal undergarments. Hair should be well-groomed and reasonable length so as to be manageable and safe around equipment.
Pants: Hem lines must be above the ground level and the pant waist shall be worn at the individual’s natural waistline.